Sometimes we just need to indulge a little, right? Last week, Annie had her third set of injections and lets just say the following few days weren’t great. Little to no sleep, a grumpy baby and a tired mum created a few days of chaos so the healthy eating was set to the side for a couple of days. I made this tasty creamy chicken and bacon pasta dish one night for Carl coming home & it really hit the spot. Sometimes you just need carbs and fat.
2 tsp butter
6-8 bacon rashers
1x250g chicken breat
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
280ml single cream
3/4 cup pasta cooking water
1/4 cup parmesan (grated)
pasta of your choice (I used penne)
- Put your pasta on to boil following the instructions on the packet.
- Fry the bacon in 1tsp of butter until crispy, then add the chicken and fry until lightly golden.
- Add in the crushed garlic, followed by the cream and let it simmer.
- Add in the pasta cooking water and continue to let it simmer.
- Drain the pasta. Add the parmesan to the mixture followed by the pasta and stir well.
Enjoy! If you put on half a stone eating this don’t blame me!