I don’t know whether it’s because The Great British Bake Off is back or whether because I’m a mum now but I feel like I need to learn to bake new things! So, I have set myself the challenge of baking something new every week.
This week I tackled a White Chocolate and Raspberry Loaf cake and it went down brilliantly in my house & mums! This was the first time I had baked a cake with fruit inside rather than for decoration and surprisingly it went well. If you love white chocolate and raspberries then this one is for you.
175g caster sugar
2 large eggs
175g self raising flour
125g white chocolate
1. Grease and line your tin loaf and pre heat the oven at 180oc.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time with a tbsp of flour at the end to prevent it curdling.
3. Fold in the rest of the flour along with the milk.
4. Fold in the raspberries.
5. Bake for around 35-40 mins
6. I made two different toppings for one I melted white chocolate and drizzled it along the top. For the other I mixed icing sugar with butter and coated the cooled cake, the latter being much sweeter!