Having a newborn is tough going. Something I never realised until little Annie came along. I really don’t think anything can prepare you for those sleepless nights… think 8 hangovers in a row and you are almost there! It is having these little experiences though that has made me realise what aspects of life I took for granted before.
Like having a shower. Something that was just part of getting ready and was often rushed is now a massive luxury. Flip I love when my husband says he will mind the baby to let me get a shower in peace. With that in mind, here are my top five little luxuries that I definitely took for granted pre-baby.
1. Watching an entire TV programme. Never mind watching an whole film, I’d be happy with Coronation Street!
2. Getting ready and out the door in a flash. Now it’s a minimum 60 minute, pre-planned operation.
3. Eating a warm meal or a hot cup of tea! Flip, warm food used to taste soooo good.
4. The smell of perfume. My scent now is Eau de Aptamil.
5. Washing my hair. If I do get to wash it, I don’t get to dry it. Otherwise Batiste Dry Shampoo is your new best mate!
Who needs a warm shower anyway? I have a feeling as my little monkey grows up, it is only going to get worse – I’m getting a nanny for the terrible two stage!In all seriousness though, I wouldn’t change it for the world. It is a massive change but the best feeling in the world.