Pavlova is definitely the favourite dessert in our house and it never lasts long. Especially when it is plastered with strawberries! I have felt really bad as I hadn’t made one in ages… Carl definitely thinks I’m slacking in the wife department at the minute but 7 weeks in he has finally got another one.
What is the favourite dessert in your house?
I definitely recommend a mixer for this one!
- 4 eggs
- 8oz caster sugar
- 2 level tsp corn flour
- 1tsp vinegar
- 0.5tsp vanilla essence
- 0.25tsp almond essence
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whisk the whites until they form stiff peaks.
2. Add the sugar and continue whisking.
3. Add the remaining ingredients & whisk some more.
4. On baking paper, tip out the mixture and shape as desired.
5. Place in the oven at 130 degrees.