Pasta Carbonara is one of my favourite foods – as long as it isn’t from a jar! I cannot stand jar or packet carbonara sauces they are nothing like the real deal! Making carbonara is so, so simple. Honestly you could do it in 15/20mins. So here it is…
- 2 cups of pasta
- 40g Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp oregano
- 8-10 rashers of bacon
1. Put your pasta on to boil
2. While the pasta is boiling, throw some oil into your frying with your garlic clove (do not crush) and fry your bacon.
3. When your bacon is fried, throw away the garlic clove and cut your bacon into the desired sizes.
4. To a bowl add 3 egg yolks, the Parmesan cheese, oregano, milk and a dash of pepper. Mix well.
5. When the pasta is ready drain it, leaving some of the cooking water aside. Add your pasta to the pan with bacon along with your cheese and egg mixture. Make sure to stir well otherwise you will get scrambled eggs. If you find your pasta isn’t too creamy, add a little of the cooking water and stir.
Sorry I don’t have a picture, I ate it too quickly 🙈.
Voila! Homemade Carbonara. Delicious!